Beauty Packing Tips
TRICKS & TIPS
-Check the oz on your products, if it’s under 4oz your good to pack it in your carryon, if not check it! They will make you toss your expensive foundation, hair products, skin care, etc.
-Travel size products can be kind of pricey for the amount of product you get. However it’s a great way to test out a product so if you like it, do not throw away the bottle, keep it and re-fill for traveling.
-For my fellow Beauty Blender lovers, go buy a plastic Easter egg to store your blender. They are the perfect storage size for your blender and it will keep it clean as well as the rest of your makeup.
-Bags on Bags on Bags! Stay organized it’s the easiest way to not forget anything and protect your clothing from a product tragedy. I have a makeup bag, makeup brush roll, hair bag, and a toiletry bag. The bags should be a realistic size, if you have more product than fits in the bag, you’re over packing and should probably reconsider what you need.
Going somewhere tropical? Keep it light! You really don’t need everything. Stick to your basics, your everyday makeup. Switch out your regular foundation for a tinted moisturizer, it holds up in humidity and is lightweight. My favorite is the oil free Laura Mercier, it even has an spf 20. If you’re going to be in the sun, make sure to bring your current foundation shade and a shade or 2 darker to mix. You don’t want your winter face with your summer-tanned body! Keep to the sun kissed theme by packing natural tones for your shadows and a bronzer. Want to bump up your look at night, put on some false lashes and a bold lip!
1. Primer- TooFaced, Hangover
2. Concealer- Make Up For Ever
3. Oil Free Tinted Moisturizer- Laura Mercier
4. Beauty Blender
5. Powder- TooFaced
6. Powder Contour- Make Up For Ever
7. Bronzer- TooFaced, Sun Bunny
8. Powder Highlight- TooFaced, CandleLight
9. Brows- Anastasia Beverly Hills, Express Palette
10. Brow Highlight- Kelly Baker Brows
11. Eye Primer- Urban Decay, Original
12. Shadow Palette- Urban Decay, Naked Basic 2
13. Eyeliner Pencils- NYX
14. Lash Curler- Tarte
15. Mascara- TooFaced, Better Than Sex
16. Lash Glue- DUO, Dark Tone
17. Lashes- Ardelle
18. Lip Primer- Urban Decay
19. Lipliners- NYX & Morphe
20. Lipsticks- NYX, Soft Matte Lip Cream
21. Gloss- TooFaced, Melted
22. Brushed- Morphe
Try to keep your hair products to only what your hair needs! On tropical get away I like to stick to my It’s A 10 leave-in conditioner spray, Moroccan Oil Treatment and Moroccan Oil Dry Shampoo. If you can rock your natural hair do it! If not try to only bring one iron; flat iron, curling iron or a curling wand with one attachment. Don’t forget an extra hair tie or two and bobby pins!
1. Leave-In Conditioner- It's A 10
2. Oil- Moroccan Oil, Treatment
3. Brush- The Wet Brush
4. Wave Spray- OUAI
5. Blow Dry Spray- My Amazing Blow Dry Secret (Yes, this is the name of the product!)
6. Travel Blow Dryer- Bio Ionic
7. Dry Shampoo- Moroccan Oil, Light Dry Shampoo
8. Curling Wand- NU.ME, 5inOne set with the 1" to 1/2" attachment
9. Hair Spray- Big Sexy Hair, Spray & Play
10. Altoid Container: Bobby Pins, Clear Rubber Bands and Hair Ties
I am all about sticking to your skin care regiment, however on vacation especially if you’re going to be in the sun you don’t need to bring a scrub or a mask. My must have products for traveling; gentle cleanser, moisturizer, eye cream, Simple Micellar Cleansing Wipes and sunscreen if you’re going to be in the sun.
1. Makeup Wipes- Simple, Micellar Wipes 2. Cleanser- Mario Badescu, Enzyme Cleansing Gel
3. Moisturizer- Mario Badescu, Oil Free Moisturizer 4. Treatment- Pixi, Rose Oil Blend
5. Eye Cream- ELF, Illuminating Eye Cream
6. Sunscreen- Lasar Away SPF 50
7. Tanning Oil- Just Natural SkinCare, Body Nutritive Serum